Skip the line Tickets Park Guell Barcelona
Priority Entrance Tickets to Park Guell Barcelona
Come and visit Gaudi’s amazing Park Guell. Save about one hour when you buy skip the line tickets for Park Guell in advance or via your mobile. Save precious time, simply show your printed tickets or the tickets on your smartphone. Buy the cheapest Skip The Line Tickets for Park Guell here.
One of the first things when you think of Barcelona is probably Park Güell. This beautiful park in the north of the city was designed by world-renowned architect Antoni Gaudí. A visit to this parkmust certainly not be missed when in Barcelona!
Gaudí designed the park in modernist style. The park is very large, over 17 hectares. As it is build on a mountain it consists of several floors. When you approach the park you already see two houses that are typically built in Gaudí style. These were meant to be a reception and concierge house in the time of construction, now they serve as entrance to the park.
Highlights Park Guell
- The Salamander – When you enter the park, you will notice the colorful ceramic salamander immediately on the stairwell. This is decorated with ‘trencadís’, this mosaic technique is common in Gaudí’s work and consists of broken pieces of ceramics. The salamander is also the symbol of the park.
- As you walk the staircase you’ll enter the ‘Sala Hipóstila’, hipóstila means that the space supports pillars. This space is also called ‘Sala de Cien Columnas’, a hundred-pillar room. It may seem a hundred pillars, but in reality there are 86. This space was originally intended as a market, but nowadays there is an excellent acoustics, so musicians use the space to play beautiful music!
- Above the Sala Hipóstila is a large oval square. From this square you have a amazing view of the city.
- The square is surrounded by a winding bank, which also serves as a balustrade. This one is again decorated with ‘trencadís’. The colors blue, green and yellow, symbolized Gaudí’s faith, hope and love. In the patterns of the mosaic you can recognize different things. Such as constellations, flowers, fish and stars.
- Park Güell is a big park, so take time to go for a walk. You will notice that there is a lot of beautiful things to see. In the park you will encounter some beautiful houses. There are also a number of viaducts built in different styles, namely baroque, gothic and romance. There are also a number of bars and kiosks where you can have a cold drink and there is a playground for the children.
Opening Hours & Best Time to Visit
The best time to visitPark Güell is in the early hours or in the late afternoon (after 4pm) to avoid the crowd and the heat.
The skyline view is magnificent and, come October when the city puts a cap on visitors and starts to charge admission, you may actually have a clear sightline through the crowd.
Tip: there are useful free smartphone guides available in the Apple Store and on Google Play.
|Mobile Tickets||From: €7|
|Mobile Tickets||From: €10,75|
|Mobile Tickets||From: €17,34 (Early Access)|
Park Guell Memories
How To Get There?
Lines H6, 32, 24 and 92
Carrer d’Olot Barcelona