Come and visit Florence’s famous Duomo di Firenze. Save up to 2 hours when you buy Fast Track Tickets for Duomo in advance. Save precious time, simply show your skiptheline tickets on your smartphone. If you’re already in Florence, we recommend to bypass the crowds, skip the line and get an English guided tour – plus access to the Secret Terraces! Buy the cheapest Skip The Line Tickets for Duomo here.
Background Info Duomo
Florence’s famous Duomo di Firenze is also called Italy’s ‘Birthplace of the Renaissance’. The dazzling Duomo is Florence’s largest and most important church. Officially dedicated to the Virgin Mary. A cathedral is a bishop‘s church. There are many other Catholic churches in Florence, however, the Duomo is the home church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Florence. The five monuments that make up the Duomo complex include The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Giotto’s Campanile (Bell Tower), The Baptistry of San Giovanni, The Crypt of Santa Reparata and the Opera Museum.
All of these monuments are unique and take time to properly explore, so the best way to plan your tour is to spread out the monuments over two days.
Highlights Duomo di Firenze
- Skip the incredible long lines and step inside one of Italy’s biggest & most famous churches and discover the largest brick dome ever constructed!
- The Cathedral is the largest building in medieval Europe and the fourth largest in all of Europe in the present day. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The amazing Secret Terraces (over 30 meters from the ground), will put you in a maze of wonder. Walk the corridors and check out the lovely views.
- The Opera Museum, the original Lorenzo Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise and Michelangelo’s Pietà.
- Climb the 463 steps of Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower to be amazed by the views of Florence.
- The “Duomo” of Florence Cathedral dominates the skyline of Florence. A dome is a hollow half of a sphere. Domes are one of the most familiar features in architecture, frequently used for government and religious buildings.
Opening Hours & Best Time to Visit Duomo
All of the monuments have different opening and closing hours and these may change on different days of the year, so it’s best to check the official website before your visit. It’s also best to visit the monuments well before closing time as some don’t permit entry within a certain time frame before closing. The best time to visit the Duomo in Florence is when it opens in the morning.
The Museum is closed on the first Tuesday of each month.
Skip The Line Ticket Prices Duomo Complex
*Our 2-hour Guided tours (in English) allows you to skip the massive queues and are very special because of access to the Secret Terraces, not usually open to the public!
How To Get There?
Meeting Point for English Guided Tours: In front of the Caffè Scudieri in Piazza di San Giovanni. This cafe stands in front of the Baptistery on Baptistery Square. Please note, in order to climb the dome, you must use the following reservation times: morning tour 12:30 & afternoon tour 17:30. This reservation time cannot be changed.